This week I celebrate my 33rd birthday.
So, in no particular order, here’s (a little) of what I’ve learned so far:
1. Love is born out of the quiet moments and the trying times. The same goes for friendships.
2. You are not as fat as you think you are.
3. You look fine.
4. Yes, I’m sure.
5. Don’t be cynical, but don’t make the same mistake twice.
6. Don’t gossip.
7. Don’t listen to gossip.
8. Don’t bully others.
9. Don’t let yourself be bullied by others.
10. Always order what you feel like, not just whatever seems the healthiest on the menu
11. It’s OK to breakup with friends.
12. It’s OK to dislike someone everyone else likes.
13. Trust your gut.
14. Stop rushing.
15. Never put work first. Ever.
16. Spend time alone.
17. Learn to enjoy your own company.
18. Move everyday. Even if it’s a light walk.
19. Try not to be bitter about people or things. It’s like drinking poison and hoping they get sick.
20. No-one thinks your baby is cuter than theirs.
21. Failure is important.
22. Some people just won’t like you for whatever reason. That’s OK.
23. Read. Read. Read.
25. Talk with a therapist. Even if it’s just once. It helps untangle the wires in your head.
26. Wear sunscreen.
27. Don’t ask Dr Google anything. Just go to the GP.
28. Get a professional bra fitting. It will change your life.
29. Never judge anyone. You never know what private battle they may be fighting.
30. Sometimes people are thrust into roles they are completely and utterly unqualified for. No, I still don’t know why.
31. Wear what you want for yourself. Don’t ever ‘do your hair’ or ‘wear makeup’ for anybody else. You wanna wear purple lipstick? Do it.
32. Never go to bed on an argument.
33. You can never say ‘I love you’ too much.